Tuesday, September 11, 2018

LA AUG 2018 Universal Studios


Universal Studio Hollywood -- If I could work here - I think I would. I really do enjoy visiting this park/working studio in Hollywood ...just because! I almost feel at home there when I visit.
This was a special visit on 8/30 -- this was our "final" goodbye to Jurassic Park - The Ride in its current format. Let's face it, people, after 5 movies and 25 years -- it was due for an upgrade to Jurassic World.

The rumor mill says the ride is still a water ride, and that they are retooling the area for "Jurassic World": new dinosaurs, new areas to ride through in your boat and a finale to scream for as you make that 84-foot drop at the very end.

A little history: I never enjoyed roller coasters. You will never get me on one. Ever. It was my first visit to Universal way back; never been there. I remember watching the videos and thinking, "I think I could handle that 5-8 second drop." This was my first "roller coaster" -- and I loved it ...when we did the final drop, I looked at Robert and said, "Again! Again!" ... and the rest is history.

This was also a special time because we Gott o interact more with the celebrity-actors that were walking around the park. I was lucky to get me picture taken (again) with Lucy Ricardo, Marilyn (is her last name really necessary?) and good ole Officer Milligan from 1950's New York Street. The acting of the celeb-actors were spot on! Even Marilyn was a been cheeky with me:

SCENE ABOVE: Paul waiting his turn to go up and get his picture taken.
Marilyn Monroe: (in that sexy 1950 Marilyn voice) What's your name?
Paul: Paul (with a friendly smile)
Marilyn Monoe: I like the name Paul
Paul's Thinking: "You little minx! LOL"

Me and Lucy Ricardo

No comments:

Post a Comment