Saturday, June 18, 2016

Vienna Post Office #59

Vienna Post Office #59
Visited 06/10/16 @ 1230PM
Location: 207 E Vine St, Vienna, IL 62995

We were in the town of Vienna where Robert was doing genealogy research and stopped into the quaint Post Office for Vienna. The inner section is all PO boxes where you can pick up the mail, if you have mail coming to this location.

But the real fun is the main processing part of the Post Office. It's basically one huge room where all the mail is processed for shipping and receiving.

I decided to get a post card and send it out to my sister, thinking it will never make it (surprising - it made it by Monday - shocking!) -- but it did. As I was there, I noticed that they had new stamps out - and me being the space cadet I am, decided to but two sets of 'Views of the Planets' Forever stamps. Very nice set of stamps (see below)...but of course PLUTO is missing from the collection, oh snap!



(I'm a traditionalist and was taught we had 9 planets -- and we always will - I don't care what
Neil deGrasse Tyson says!)

I was helped by Debra -- very nice lady who was working behind the counter.

Two thumbs up if you stop in town and need something mailed! 


I also cam across this Selective Service System (translation: Draft Registration Card), it was the last one, but I wanted a memento. I have not seen one of these since *I* registered.

No comments:

Post a Comment