Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Review: Yolk Lakeview

Location
501 W. Diversey Parkway
Chicago, IL 60614
Phone: 773-281-YOLK (9655)

Date of Visit
06.13.15

It's one of those places that specializes in breakfast no early lunch. The hours are usually something like 8am to 3pm.

I've passed the location on divers are often but never really didn't think too much of it. 

The location at Pinegrove and Diversey was the old granny's diner. The conversion into yolk was astonishing. Large and bright colors but loud. They have open ceiling design so sound bounces all around.

I was surprised at the speed at which we got our table. As soon as we entered, I thought, "Oh hell no...might as well write this off. We'll never get a table."  Low and behold, next thing I know, I'm being taken into the back to be seated (it seemed the people ahead of us were a huge party!).

The menu is your regular breakfast fair you would expect. The pricing seems a little high for what it is, higher than The Edge, for example.  But they do have a decent priced morning dish that includes pancakes for $9.99 as of this review.  The order came fairly quickly, was correct and was dee-lish.

Service seemed a little slow, but they did have packed with people. It's also noted that they have food servers and people to clear tables and fill water glasses, so that helps out tremendously. One thing you have to know it gets LOUD because of the open ceiling.

Final Word
Would I go back? Yes
Do I recommend? Yes -- just get their early!
My Grade: 3.75 out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment