Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo 2015

The Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo rolled into town yet again for 2015, bigger and better than the last time I attended, which incidentally, was two years ago. Although I am not that much of a comic reader nowadays - I do dabble in the odd issues and trade paperbacks (as they are much cheaper than buying individual issues), if I do attend the expo, its more for the entertainment guests and to see the great (cosplay) costumes that fans come up with as well as visit the Artist Alley - this is a section on the vendor floor where artists locally as well as nationally (maybe even internationally) come to show/sell their work as you browse from aisle to aisle. 

ARTIST ALLEY
This year for the Artist Alley was a treat. I got to meet an artist for a trade paperbacks I bought years ago (Space 1999: Aftershock and Awe, Space 1999: Classic). I got a little one-on-one time with him and was able to ask a few questions and compliment him on the artwork and story.


GUESTS @ THE CON

Many of the guests that appeared during the weekend were there "just for the money" - signing autographs (more or less). It was interesting to see who was there and who was charging what dollars for their autographs. The prices ranged anywhere from $30 from a recurring actress on Doctor Who, to $100 for the legendary Stan Lee. I did hym-and-haw about getting a signature from the Doctor Who actress -- but then I started to think about it, 'What was I going to do with it? Frame it? Toss it in a mylar sleeve to keep and never look at it again?' Needless to say, I said no.

The two actresses I HAD to see were Haley Atwell ("Agent Carter" from Agent Carter) and Ming-Na Wen ("Agent Melinda May" from Marvel Agents of SHIELD).

Although I thought I was going to get great seats because I lined up an hour ahead of time, I didn't fair too badly. First row of the fourth section and right in front of the 'ginormous' screen. I was able to take decent pics and videos from the panel.

CELEBRITY PANEL & COSPLAY COSTUME CONTEST


More Pics From the Floor

No comments:

Post a Comment